Where did the Dragons sneeze come from?
We were approached by a customer who had osteoporosis she asked us to make a fire steel that she could hold more easily. After lots of testing and a competition to find it a name the Dragons Sneeze was born. Read more and watch the video about its history and design here
Why is it such a fantastic fire lighting tool?
Thoughtful design and quality materials means that it is very easy to use, holding the handles in the full palm rather than finger tips means more control is achievable. It works brilliantly for younger children or anyone with reduced dexterity or strength, perfect for the elderly as well. It’s now become nationally recognised as a must have inclusive fire lighting tool.
The design includes :
- Sustainable design no plastic in product or packaging ( except bright lanyard)
- Large chunky ergonomic wooden handles making them easier to use.
- Use quality materials
- Long lanyard gives a greater range of movement than conventional fire steel systems.
- Brightly coloured lanyard to help locate the flint in a natural setting
- Dragon sneeze – Made in Sheffield UK by Muddy Faces
- Striker - Hardened steel blade striker with Rounded edges with a high resistance to corrosion. The striker lasts and lasts and practitioners have used the strikers with their existing fire steels of other brands because it works so effectively.
- Rod - Made from a premium quality ferrous rod, highly pyrophoric, manufactured in Europe. The rod is the part that wears down over time and replacement rods and handles can be brought separately.
- Handles - The handles are turned one of the last commercial wood turners in the UK.
Thank you to @sarahs_littlestars demonstrating the Muddy Faces Dragons Sneeze in action.
Watch an interview with Muddy Faces founder Liz Edwards about how the Dragons Sneeze was created HERE
Watch a quick video of a Dragons Sneeze being used below: