Leaf art with pens
A quick and easy activity to spruce up your leaves!
Useful items from our shop
Consider the environmental impact of preparing, carrying out & completing this activity. Could this impact be reduced? Specific considerations for this activity could include:
- use non-toxic water based pigment if leaving art in the environment
- ideally collect leaves from the ground, but if picking leaves from a tree aim for minimal impact (seek permission when necessary)
- leave no trace
Health & Safety Considerations
Follow your usual operating procedures and carry out appropriate risk benefit assessments.
Some considerations particular to this activity include:
- collecting natural materials
What you'll need
- a collection of gathered leaves
- acrylic pens/paint
This activity has been provided by
Gather a selection of pens that will write on your leaves.
We found acrylic pens and chalk pens work well – many cheaper markers work well too.
Collect some leaves.
Find a flat surface.
Take it further:
- use spots for maths and counting.
- try tracing the veins and lines of the leaves – requires close observation!
Disclaimer: Muddy Faces cannot take any responsibility for accidents or damage that occurs as a result of following this activity.You are responsible for making sure the activity is conducted safely.