Hapa zome Christmas trees
A festive leaf bashing activity to create a natural tree decoration.
What you'll need
- flat base to hammer onto
- wooden discs/counters
- christmas tree shaped fern fronds or leaves
This activity has been provided by
Useful items from our shop
- Flag Shaped Calico Pieces - Pack of 4
- Craft Hammer (Kids at Work)
- Wooden Counters
- String - 8kg breaking load
Consider the environmental impact of preparing, carrying out & completing this activity. Could this impact be reduced? Specific considerations for this activity could include:
- source of leaf bashing material
Health & Safety Considerations
Follow your usual operating procedures and carry out appropriate risk benefit assessments.
Some considerations particular to this activity include:
- tool use
Place the frond or leaf onto the piece of wood you want to print on to.
Cover it with a piece of fabric and gently tap it with a hammer all over.
Gently peel away the fabric to reveal your Christmas tree-shaped print.
Use pens or paints to add a trunk, baubles and other decorations to make your tree look really Christmassy.
TAKE IT FURTHER:
- use the discs for decorations or as festive noughts & crosses counters
- cut the fabric pieces into triangles and attach together to create Christmas tree bunting.
Disclaimer: Muddy Faces cannot take any responsibility for accidents or damage that occurs as a result of following this activity.You are responsible for making sure the activity is conducted safely.