Hapa zome Christmas trees
Use bashed leaf prints to create Christmas tree decorations.
Useful items from our shop
- Flag Shaped Calico Pieces - Pack of 4
- Craft Hammer (Kids at Work)
- Wooden Counters
- String - 8kg breaking load
Consider the environmental impact of preparing, carrying out & completing this activity. Could this impact be reduced? Specific considerations for this activity could include:
- source of leaf bashing material
Health & Safety Considerations
Follow your usual operating procedures and carry out appropriate risk benefit assessments.
Some considerations particular to this activity include:
- tool use
What you'll need
- flat base to hammer onto
- wooden discs/counters
- christmas tree shaped fern fronds or leaves
This activity has been provided by
Place the frond or leaf onto the piece of wood you want to print on to.
Cover it with a piece of fabric and gently tap it with a hammer all over.
Gently peel away the fabric to reveal your Christmas tree-shaped print.
Use pens or paints to add a trunk, baubles and other decorations to make your tree look really Christmassy.
TAKE IT FURTHER:
- use the discs for decorations or as festive noughts & crosses counters
- cut the fabric pieces into triangles and attach together to create Christmas tree bunting.
Disclaimer: Muddy Faces cannot take any responsibility for accidents or damage that occurs as a result of following this activity.You are responsible for making sure the activity is conducted safely.