Autumn window panel
A very simple early years activity to cheer up any window with gorgeous autumnal colours.
- Age Range All Ages
- Duration Less than an hour
- Location Anywhere
- Season Autumn
- Time of Day Anytime
Art & Creating
Useful items from our shop
Consider the environmental impact of preparing, carrying out & completing this activity. Could this impact be reduced? Specific considerations for this activity could include:
- try glue/tape as an alternative to using cling film
Health & Safety Considerations
Follow your usual operating procedures and carry out appropriate risk benefit assessments.
Some considerations particular to this activity include:
- collecting natural materials
- scissor use
What you'll need
- natural materials (flat) - leaves, petals, grasses, etc.
- clear adhesive tape
- collecting basket
This activity has been provided by
Collect leaves of varying colours, shapes and sizes. Children love to collect them in a basket or box.
Stick the leaves on an inside window using the adhesive tape or sticky tac.
Take it Further:
- try using leaves from different seasons to see how your panel changes
- add cut out words in-between the layers to personalise your panel
- observe how the leaves change over time.
Disclaimer: Muddy Faces cannot take any responsibility for accidents or damage that occurs as a result of following this activity.You are responsible for making sure the activity is conducted safely.