Forest School Level 3 Leader Training (S YORKS)
A Forest School Level 3 Leader course with regular contact throughout the year and a supportive community ethos, Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
Level 3 Forest School Leaders
Location – Foresteers at Greenhead House Farm, Sheffield, Oughtibridge Lane, S35 0HN
Cost – £995 (covers face to face training days, online portfolio option where you can upload videos and photos, observation and assessment, tutor support throughout the course)
2 payment options:
- Can be paid in 2 installments, the 1st when booking through the website, the 2nd 4 weeks before through invoice.
- Full amount through invoice when booking, call Hayley 07780454327.
This qualification is intended to provide the skills and knowledge required to set up and deliver safe and effective Forest School programmes and for those who wish to become Forest School Leaders.
It will be delivered by Hayley, a qualified teacher and experienced Forest School practitioner, in a private woodland.
This is a mixed course with the expectation of 7 contact face to face days, 1 observation at your setting, guided study hours and 2 assessment days.
Woodland contact days 9am-5pm:
September Thursday 14th 2023
November Thursday 9th 2023
January Thursday 11th 2024
March Thursday 7th 2024
May Thursday 9th 2024
July Wednesday 10th and 11th 2024 – Assessment Days
Friday 13th September 2024 – Portfolio Submission Deadline
Online and telephone support as needed.
This accredited ITC Level 3 Forest School Leaders qualification provides leaders with the skills needed to manage and run Forest School programmes. This course is equivalent to an A level and contains 5 units which enable you to become a Forest School Leader.
As well as the practical training (how to put up a tarp, safely use and teach tool use, light a fire and campfire cook) you will also be supported in understanding the Forest School ethos and how this supports participants holistic development. You will have 1 year to complete your portfolio and a reflective diary. This can be through our online portfolio where you can upload videos and photos or paper.
We strongly recommend a Forest School First Aid Qualification to pass this course. This can be through a range of providers, one can be provided on site if the whole group chooses this option, this will be an additional cost and 2 days additional training. The First Aid training enables Forest School practitioners to deal with a range of outdoor emergencies. If you work with children we recommend a Paediatric First Aid qualification to follow the Early Years Foundation Framework guidance.
- Participants should be over 21
- All participants must hold an appropriate outdoor First Aid qualification by the end of the course.
- To complete the course you will need to complete a portfolio, with hardcopy or through our learning portal.
- Must have a suitable site and client base to deliver your “Introduction to Forest School” programme which consists of a minimum of 6 two hour sessions with the same client group.
What you need for the course:
Once your course is confirmed through email you will need
- Suitable outdoor clothing and closed toe footwear
- Packed lunch, cup and snacks
We will provide:
- Hot drinks and biscuits
- All Required portfolio paperwork
- Tools and equipment needed to complete tasks on site
- A basic camping toilet and hand wash facilities
- Suitable and passionate staff with a range of skills
- First aider on site
- A sense of community which allows individuals to be inspired and feel positive
- Reflective training which suits the needs of the clientele