Terms & conditions
Muddy Faces Ltd may change our terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice to you.
These terms and conditions only apply to UK customers only (including the Channel Islands).
Muddy Faces Ltd continually seeks to improve the quality and value of its goods and services. Whilst we take every care to ensure photographs and descriptions on our website are accurate (errors & omissions, excepted) and informative, we reserve the right to change specifications or improve our products when appropriate. In the event of any substituted product not being acceptable, we will gladly issue a full refund, provided the goods in question are returned within 30 days of delivery and in their original condition.
Placing an order (by any method) indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully and print a copy for future reference.
If an item is restricted, you will need to be over 18 years of age to purchase it.
When an order is placed for a restricted item we will need to check that you are over 18 years of age by validating your name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the ordering process against appropriate third party databases. If we require further details to validate your date of birth, we will send an e-mail along with a short form for you to read, complete and return.
By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. By placing an order you agree to provide additional information should we require it. If you are not happy for us to carry out these checks please do not make the purchase. If you decide not to provide extra information after accepting these terms your any non-age restricted goods will still be sent and a refund for the age restricted items will be made to you.
Muddy Faces is a limited company, registration number 5899191.
VAT registration details
VAT REG number 933762410.
Muddy Faces Ltd is VAT Registered. VAT Registration Number: 933762410.
VAT at the appropriate rate will be added to all prices where applicable, including carriage and packing charges.
Competition terms & conditions
1. The Promoter is Muddy Faces Ltd (company no. 5899191), registered office is Farm View Works, 4a Sheffield Road, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield S12 4LT.
2. Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over, except employees of Muddy Faces Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter competitions.
4. By entering Muddy Faces competitions, entrants are indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for competitions and details of how to enter may be via
Not all competitions run on every platform.
6. Competition rules and how to enter are as indicated in the competition information.
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person, unless otherwise stated in the individual promotion. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice if circumstances arise outside of its control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
11. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatsoever reason.
12. Any entries that the Promoter considers (in our absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal, racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
13. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the prize promotion and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
14. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
15. Winners will be chosen as indicated in the competition information.
- Giveaway winner(s) will be randomly selected by a computerised random generator from all entries
- Skills, quality or answer-based entries shall be judged based on the judging criteria set out in the promotion, by employees of Muddy Faces.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. Winner(s) will be notified by email or social media via the account provided at point of entry, within 14 days of the closing date, and will have 14 days from notification to claim their prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this timeframe the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and pick a replacement winner.
18. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image (if provided) in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted in to future marketing from the Promoter.
19. The winner’s surname and county will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, unless the winner opts out. In this case, the promoter must nevertheless still provide the information and winning entry to the ASA if challenged.
20. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
21. Competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. You are providing your information to Muddy Faces and not to any other party.
The products supplied by Muddy Faces Ltd vary in both size and weight.
The cost of shipping your order is given at the check out before purchase.
For orders over £200 ex VAT, postage is free.
Orders to mainland UK
Postal service £3.50 + vat
Courier £5.95 + vat
Pallet £50.00 + vat
Outside the UK
For highlands islands and worldwide orders please choose shipping quote at the check out. We will then prepare and weigh your order and find the best way to ship your order and get back to you with a shipping outside the UK.
Outdoor Hub disclaimer
The Outdoor Hub is a free and open resource that includes external contributions.
We strive to ensure that only contributions that demonstrate safe and best practice are posted. If you see anything that you think is not supporting this please contact us via email@example.com where we can look into the matter further.
Use of information on this website is strictly at your own risk, therefore it is your responsibility to use and adapt any information for your specific use, carrying out any relevant assessments and procedures to ensure that delivery is appropriate and safe. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the activities, information, events and links provided.
Busy periods Jan – March
Delivery times can be longer than stated during busy times.
We endeavour to deliver your goods to you, to the address you supply, within 5 working days excl weekends and public holidays. If, for any reason, we are unable to fulfil this we will let you know.
If you need you order to be delivered urgently, please let us know when placing your order, by filling in the details on the comments box. Please do not make an order on the assumption that your products will arrive next day, although they very often do.
If your item is not in stock, we will notify you straightaway, and keep you updated as to its progress and will inform you when the product has arrived in stock.
Some items that we have on our website, we do not hold in stock as they are special orders. Special orders take different times to be prepared. An outline of the delivery time is given in the product description on the website.
On occasion, products will be discontinued for reasons beyond our control.
Goods that may be exported or imported to customers outside of the UK, may be prohibited by certain national laws. All regulations, legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site is the sole responsibility of the customer. We accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
Liability: goods that are damaged/incorrect delivery/orders that don’t turn up
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by an event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, postal strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems.
If your goods are damaged or your order is incomplete or incorrect, notification must be made within 7 working days of delivery. For non delivery of orders, notification must also be made within 7 working days of the invoice date. Claims outside this period will not be accepted
We cannot be held accountable unless you notify us in writing within 7 working days to Muddy Faces Ltd, Farm View Works, Sheffield Road, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield S12 4LT or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) in connection with the contract between us. We will not be liable to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question.
Muddy Faces Ltd accepts no liability for any loss, damages or expenses arising from the late delivery of goods by the seller, its agents or its agent’s carriers due to any cause whatsoever.
Refused deliveries are subject to a return fee plus an admin fee; these fees will vary depending on the order and which shipping method was used to send it. If a re-delivery request is made you will be re-charged the initial shipping fee, plus the return fee and any further costs incurred by the company
When Courier is not able to deliver
If a courier has not be able to deliver an order, this will be subject to a return fee plus an admin fee; these fees will vary depending on the order and which shipping method was used to send it. If a re-delivery request is made you will be re-charged the initial shipping fee, plus the return fee and any further costs incurred by the company.
The contract between us
When you place an order with Muddy Faces Ltd, you are making an offer, which the company can either accept or decline.
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order, or an official purchase order if you are a school or Government organisation, before your order can be accepted.
Once payment, or purchase order, has been received by us we will send you an email confirming that your order has been accepted to the email address you provide. Please notify us if you do not receive an email.
Acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. The agreement is governed by English law.
Retention of title
All goods remain the property of Muddy Faces Ltd until paid for in full.
Once you have received the goods, we will not be liable to their loss or destruction and you will hold the goods at your own risk.
Right for you to cancel your order
You can cancel your order at any time up to the end of 14 working days from receipt of your order. Special orders may be subject to an administration fee.
To cancel your order you must notify us in writing to Muddy Faces Ltd, Farm View Works, Sheffield Road, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield S12 4LT or email us at email@example.com
If you have received your goods before you cancel your order then you must send the goods back to us at Muddy Faces Ltd, Farm View Works, Sheffield Road, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield S12 4LT
The item is your full responsibility until it is returned to us. We recommend, therefore, that you return your item using a delivery service that insures you for the full value of the goods. The cost of returning the item to us is entirely your responsibility. Please also enclose a copy of your invoice. Returned items must be not have been used and must be returned in their original packaging with any enclosed documentation.
Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your order, we will re-credit your account as soon as possible provided that the goods returned by you and received by us are in exactly the same condition as they were when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you or you do not pay the costs of delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the costs of recovering the goods from the amount that is to be re-credited to you.
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel the order between us if:
- we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods that you have ordered
- we do not deliver to your area or country
- one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
If we do cancel your order, we will notify you by email and will re-credit your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible. We will not be obliged to offer an additional compensation.
Muddy Faces Ltd has a policy to reduce packing materials, without compromising the protection of your goods. We try to recycle packaging where we can.
If you know of any materials or methods of delivery that have less of an environmental impact then please tell us about them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept payment by credit or debit card, PayPal, cheque or postal order in GBP made payable to Muddy Faces Ltd.
All payments made by credit or debit card are secure. All payment details are encrypted by World Pay and this ensures that your card details are kept secure. We do not see your card details.
For schools and government organisations we accept official purchase orders.
When submitting an activity or event to the Outdoor Hub, or entering a photographic competition or giveaway, or otherwise sharing images or films/videos with us, you must have permission from any person whose face is recognisable in those photographs/moving images.
This includes parental permission for any images of children under 16.
Please do not send us photographs or films if you do not have permission.
By sending us photographs you understand that the images will be used on the Muddy Faces website, may be downloaded within activities, and may also be used in our newsletters and social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Muddy Faces Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy applies to the use and processing of personal information collected and used by Muddy Faces Ltd. Personal information is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you. By using Muddy Faces Ltd website or otherwise providing your personal information to Muddy Faces Ltd, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information.
Your privacy is our priority and we go to great lengths to protect it. Any information we collect about you will always be handled securely and in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act (1998) and the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may share your personal information within Muddy Faces Ltd and as described in this policy, however, we will not share or sell your information with other organisations outside of Muddy Faces Ltd.
We collect information from you when you register or fill in forms on our website, search for a product, place an order on our site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, payment information (such as a credit card) and bank details. Any correspondence you send electronically may be retained, such as the content of your email messages, your email address and your response.
Your personal log information relates to information about your visit to, and any actions on our website, www.muddyfaces.co.uk. This includes your IP address, referrer, length of visit and number of page views. This information is required for the website to work correctly and allows us to improve the performance and functionality of the site.
We only collect the information that we need to fulfil the purposes set out at collection. You can update this information at any time.
The information that you provide may be used to:
• keep you up to date with our activities
• respond to any queries that you may have
• process your orders
• operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of our website
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Shop returns or exchanges
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you can return it to us within 28 days of receipt and we will either refund your money or, if preferred, we will exchange the item for you.
Click here to print a returns form.
Returned items must be in the same condition which they were received. They must not have been used and must be returned in their original packaging , together with any tags and stickers and enclosed documentation.
If goods are deemed to be faulty within a period of time, we will offer a repair or replacement. This does not take into account any wear and tear. Products found to be faulty within 30 days will be offered a refund.
The item is your full responsibility until it is returned to us. We recommend, therefore, that you return your item using a delivery service that insures you for the full value of the goods and requires a signature upon receipt. The cost of returning the item to us is entirely your responsibility, unless agreed otherwise.
Muddyfaces – Returns
Farm View Works
4a Sheffield Road
Sheffield S12 4LT
For faulty or damaged items, please contact us first.