The Queen bumblebee spends her winter alone underground, and when she emerges in spring she is looking for a new home in which to start her new bumblebee colony. The front of the bumblebee nester features a bright yellow surface in contrast with the dark nesting hole and entrance ramp. Queen bumblebees often make their colony after a mouse has nested. So if you attract a mouse in year one, this is good news and will make the box more attractive to a queen bumblebee in year 2. Be sure to leave the mouse nest in place.
- Made from solid FSC timber
- Comes with chopped meadow hay bedding
- Inspection lid allows observation
- Vent holes in rear of box to prevent condensation
- May be sited on the ground or up to 2 metres above ground on tree or similar