Includes over 700 clues, signs and patterns.
You’ll learn how to:
- Interpret ponds like a Polynesian
- Spot dangerous water in the pitch black with the help of a clock face
- Read the sea like a Viking
- Forecast the weather from waves
- Find your way with puddles
- Decipher wave patterns on beaches
- Decode the colour of water
- Unravel a river like an expert
From wild swimming in Sussex to way-finding off Oman, via the icy mysteries of the Arctic, Tristan Gooley draws on his own pioneering journeys to reveal the secrets of ponds, puddles, rivers, oceans and more to show us all the skills we need to read the water around us.