This book explains what ‘Forest School’ really means and combines theory with practice on the importance of play and risk.
It is an invaluable training manual for those studying to be a Forest School leader or practitioner and includes case studies from professionals.
- the history of forest schools;
- the first steps needed to be taken to embark upon Forest School;
- how to involve colleagues and parents;
- how a variety of settings organise their Forest School sessions;
- the equipment and training needed and first aid and risk management;
- how to gain support from LAs and funding;