There is a growing realisation that children benefit from being involved in wild spaces. They need dynamic and complex outdoor environments and opportunities for risk and challenge, to play with abandon, have first-hand experiences – places where there is adventure, delight, daring and joy!
- Provides a background to forest school and its relevance to Early Years settings
- Outlines the challenges and benefits of outdoor learning
- Explores the concept of nature-based practice
- Emphasises the importance of free play
- Includes case studies in which educators share their journeys into ‘wild nature’
This book will help adults and children alike to reconnect with their local environment – a must-have for any early years setting!