Forest School Assistant ITC Level 2 Award – 3 DAY COURSE
We're the only Forest School training provider to incorporate the Floorbook Approach created by Dr Claire Warden, in our training. This child led approach to planning and documentation supports key learning associated with Forest School themes and many aspects of the Curriculum for Excellence. It allows the transfer of information and methodology back to the school, linking learning across the areas of inside, outside and beyond. The Floorbook Approach is currently promoted by Education Scotland, Care Inspectorate and other governing bodies as good practice.
This ITC qualification is approved by and meets the requirements of the Forest School Association and is intended for those who wish to become an Assistant Forest School Leader.
- Understand how a Forest School can support an individual’s learning and development.
- Know how experiences can support learning and development at a Forest School.
- Be able to perform the role of Assistant at a Forest School.
- Understand sustainable woodland management at a Forest School.
- Understand the role of risk assessment at Forest School.
- Be able to carry out practical tasks at Forest School.
- Assessment tasks will result in each candidate producing a portfolio of evidence meeting each assessment criteria in each unit.
16 years. You should have some experience of working outside with children prior to attending the course.
Assessment tasks will result in each candidate producing a portfolio of evidence meeting each assessment criteria in each unit. You are required to write essays & reports to evidence theory. Practically, you will be required to support 3 Forest School sessions & track 1 child’s development during this time period.
Course involvement level:
3 days training, 54 guided learning hours, portfolio of evidence to be handed in within a year
- 3 days training (13th, 14th and 15th September 2021)
- Your supportive learning materials
- Remote support throughout the course
Duration: one year for completion of submission of portfolio of evidence.