- This event has passed.
Working with Challenging Behaviour in the Outdoors – OCN Level 3
Tuesday 4 June @ 9:00 am - Thursday 6 June @ 4:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00am, repeating indefinitely
A 3-day accredited CPD course with Jon Cree (unaccredited option available).
We will unpick theory, look at real life case studies, outdoor activities and have chats round the fire!
The days will be participatory and crammed full of tips, ideas, and activities that can be used in any natural setting. There will be time and space to consider specific issues that participants may be encountering with specific individuals in their care.
If you opt for the accredited option you have the opportunity of gaining a level 3 accreditation (worth 3 credits) from the OCNWMR (please note that this option requires some assessment via discussion participation and coursework to meet assessment criteria).
The course will include:
- What do behaviours communicate and what is ‘challenging behaviour’?
- The 3 C’s – models for working with behaviour
- Why outdoors? – what needs does the natural world cater for?
- Interventions & De-escalation – ways of working with behaviours
- A ‘needs – based’ approach and what needs the outdoors satisfy
- How to work with various ‘needs’ from neuro-typical through to various ‘attachment’ needs, including ASD, sensory attachments and more!
- Self- care – Looking after ourselves
- Working within Educational Settings, including policy & procedures.
This course is for anyone wanting to deepen their understanding of ‘challenging behaviour’ expressed by learners (of any age) and how working outdoors within a natural space can be a catalyst for change.
Suitable for: Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Early Years Practitioners, Outdoor Educators and Forest School Practitioners, Home School Educators, Play Workers.
Cost: £295 accredited or £235 unaccredited.