A series of two workshops, facilitated by Pikler specialist Dorothy Marlen and Pikler enthusiast Clare Caro
- Do you have, or work with, very young children?
- Have you heard of the Pikler approach and wondered what it is?
- Would you like to find out more about how this will help you in your role?
The Pikler approach provides a new paradigm of early childhood care for the 21st Century. Created and developed by Dr Emmi Pikler and her team in Budapest, Hungary, the Pikler Institute in Budapest trains professional carers from all over the world.
We in the UK now have the opportunity to learn about Pikler’s extraordinary insights into how to care for the true needs of the young child, particularly from birth to three.
The main principles of the Pikler approach are the importance of self-initiated movement from birth, and the importance of relationship-based care. Together these two principles provide the ideal conditions for healthy development, play and learning. These workshops will provide a thought-provoking introduction to the approach; the Pikler Institute in Budapest and the Pikler UK Association both offer more extensive and in-depth courses.
The two workshops will give you a practical introduction to:
• ‘Relationship is all’ – how to understand and practice relationship based care;
• Creating the right conditions for calm, focused play from birth;
• Being in nature and the Pikler approach.
Play – Saturday 23rd March, 9.30am – 2.30pm
• Appropriate toys and play for different ages
• Setting up the right conditions – environment, routines, attitude and skill of the
• Managing and reducing conflicts
• Experiential exercises, video footage and time for discussion.
Outdoors in Nature – Saturday 15th June, 9.30am – 2.30pm
• How play unfolds – universal play patterns
• Our relationship with the outdoors
• The roles of movement and care in play
• Lessons in child-led play; adult roles and approaches
• Exercises, slides and time for discussion
Who is this training for?
• Parents and carers of babies, toddlers and two year olds
• Educators (such as room leaders, childminders, lead practitioners…) with an interested in this age group
• Others interested in deepening their understanding and practice.
• All workshops will be held at Cambridge Steiner School
• Workshop 2 will include practical sessions outdoors – please come dressed for the weather
All prices include a light lunch
• Single workshop – early bird until 28th February 2019: £60
• Single workshop – full price from 1st March 2019: £70
• Both workshops booked until 28th February discount price: £110
• Both workshops booked from 1st March discount price: £130
To book a place on these exciting events please complete the attached booking form or contact Menna Godfrey on email@example.com.