- This event has passed.
Forest School Level 2 (Assistant) to Level 3 (Leader) Top-Up
Friday 28 September, 2018
One event on Thursday 11 October, 2018 at 12:00am
28th September & 11th -13th October 2018, 9.30 – 4.30 each day.
This course is the nationally accredited QCF Level 2- 3 Forest School Leaders Top Up Qualification – upon completion participants will be able to lead Forest School sessions and will receive a nationally recognised certificate and e-badge they can display on their school or personal website.
Participants must have completed the Level 2 Forest School Assistant Course.
Participants who have completed the Level 2 Outdoor Learning Practitioner Training with Brtightwood Training or another Cambium Network Trainer, may be able to complete extra units in order to attend the Level 2-3 Forest School Top Up course.
The Level 2 – 3 course is designed for those who would like to set up and lead Forest School Programmes.
There are 5 units of study at Level 3:
– Supporting learning, play and development in the outdoors.
– Observation and evaluation of outdoor learning.
– Sustainable use of natural materials.
– Teaching outdoor practical skills (including activity ideas, tool use and fires).
– Forest School Leader.
On the Level 2 – 3 course you will:
– Attend 4 training days which will consist of both theory and practical tasks. (You are welcome to attend complimentary extra training days for in order to refresh your skills)
– Attend a 1 day portfolio workshop in person or via video / telephone conference which will help you complete your portfolio.
– Be able to access training and resource materials online.
– Receive 1:1 support from your tutor via email or telephone while completing your portfolio.
– Run a Forest School Programme of at least 6 sessions in your chosen setting (if you are freelance you can run your sessions in our setting or we can advise on how to set up your own).
– Have a work based assessment and free consultancy visit from your tutor .
– Complete a portfolio for assessment.
– Receive a nationally recognised certificate and e-badge for your website.
– Receive guidance for requirements such as insurance, DBS and finding a location.
– Receive a discount when purchasing forest school tools.
The course takes place in the National Trust woodland estate of Ashdown House, near Swindon / Newbury / Oxford on the ancient ridgeway. We train in the woodland classroom and are immersed in the Forest School environment giving you a unique opportunity to experience life in the forest.
The site is accessible by bike, bus (bus stop by car park), train (train then bus) and car. There are camping, b&b and hotel options nearby if accommodation is required.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to secure your place.