- This event has passed.
Fire & Food
Saturday 7 April, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£45
– Forage and learn to use tinder found in springtime.
– Learn to light fires in the wet and different fire lays for inclement weather and different purposes (cooking / bad weather / safe fires to avoid forest fires in dry weather).
– Learn to light fire using friction techniques (bow drill, neolithic flint and steel, WW2 techniques, flint and steel).
– Spring recipes for wilderness cooking that can be done in a typical 2 hour outdoor learning session or for a campfire meal.
– Cook using a dutch oven; Polish Kotlich and Swedish skillet.
– Create wild teas and make dandelion coffee over the campfire.
– All participants will receive an ebook and a CPD Certificate.